For effective risk management place your trust in Powercash21
It is important to us that our merchants focus on their core expertise, while we take care of risk management where it relates to online payments. We continuously ensure that the latest risk tools are activated and integrated into our gateway in order to enhance secure payment processing and reduce payment risk and fraud for your business.
Payment risk - What to consider
When considering risk management, and whether a secure payment processor like Powercash21 is right for your business, there are a number of things to consider.
Risk management considerations include:
- How important is it for your business to keep data secure?
- What are the threats in relation to online payments?
- How likely are they to occur?
- Will these threats be identified quickly?
- What would be the cost if these threats are realized?
- Have you considered secure payment processing in order to minimize payment risk?
Understanding that payment risk is a security problem worth addressing will allow you to manage your business in a more effective manner. If no actions are taken to ensure the security and monitoring of online payment transactions, the possibilities of fraud and financial loss are greater. The result of such fraud is that your company’s bottom line and reputation would be negatively affected.
Commonly Asked Questions
What do you mean by risk management in online payments?
We continuously ensure that the latest risk tools are activated and integrated into our gateway in order to enhance secure payment processing and reduce payment risk and fraud for your business.
What are the types of risk in online payments?
Types of Risk include:
- Transaction Fraud and Data Security Breach
- Unsecure Data
- Card Payment Fraud
- Geo-conflict (Card fraud by location or connection type of online customer)
What are the different types of risk management in online payments?
Powercash21 offers a multitude of risk management types. These include:
- Fraud Management to reduce the risk of payment fraud and chargebacks
- 3D Secure to enhance security by proving the card user is the legitimate holder of the card
- Geo-conflict: Geolocation used to prevent card-not-present fraud on merchants' websites
- Velocity check: Payment transactions are reviewed for repeated patterns within a defined time period. These fraudulent patters can be intercepted by risk control tools.
- BIN Lookup: BIn Lookup allows merchants to learn more about their customers including their location and issuing bank via this tool.
- Pre-Authorisation: By incorporating pre-authorisation you can ensure that client funds are held for a few days, thus lowering the risks of chargebacks caused by fraudsters.
When you employ the services of a company like Powercash21, you can feel safe in the knowledge that effective risk management strategies and tools are in place for the benefit of you and your business.